My husband asked me to do this dessert for him. At first he asked me to do a “verrine” for him which translated in English means jar. With a lot of question and descriptions we finally came up that he was talking about a strawberry jar with a sweet filling. The place he used to get it from called them “verrine”. For the filling, I tried it first with cream cheese but it was not what he knew. I did again with the mascarpone and “BAM”, desired taste for him.
Mascarpone is an Italian cheese generally used for dessert like the well known “tiramisu”. I chose to add butter cookies for a crunchy feeling.
Hubby gave a 9 out of 10 because I only made 2 jars (even though they were big enough) the first time. Now I am at a perfect 10 for making a lot ?.
Strawberry Mascarpone Jar
- 9 oz mascarpone
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 6 to 9 oz fraises
- 7 oz butter cookies
- Remove strawberries stem an cut them.
- Add 1 tbsp of sugar.
- separate egg's yolks and whites.
- Mix egg yolks and 3 tbsp of sugar.
- Add them to the mascarpone and mix until smooth.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- With a spatula incorporate delicately the egg whites to the mascarpone mixture.
- Break cookies in small pieces and put a small quantity in the jar.
- Put a layer of the mascarpone.
- Add strawberries.
- Repeat steps 8 to 10.
- Keep in the refrigerator until time to serve