Let’s upgrade from the traditional madeleines with those Red velvet madeleines. Sweet, buttery with a delicious hint of cocoa. A good and easy addition to your valentine celebration.
Red Velvet Madeleine
- Madeleine Pan
- 6 oz melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp red food coloring
- Preheat the oven at 375 F.
- Mix the eggs, eggs yolk and sugar until the color gets light and creamy.
- Add the flour gradually and mix.
- Add salt and baking powder.
- Mix red coloring, cocoa powder with melted butter.
- Add red mixture to the flour and egg mixture and let it rest 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- If the pan is not non sticky, brush each madeleine hole with butter, sprinkle with flour and shake off excess.
- Put approximately 1 teaspoon of batter in each hole.
- Bake for 12 minutes and repeat until there is no more batter.
Enjoy and leave me a comment if you like it or have any question!!!!