Yogurt cake were my first ever cake to make as a little baker. My mother taught me this recipe and it’s been more than 20 years since then. I remember in high school I made one for one of my bestie (hey Laurie) and most of the class found about it. I was the cake supplier for a while, but I had to stop it since it was my senior year. The cool part is that you do not need a measuring cup or a scale. All you need is your yoghurt pot that will serve as a unit measure and you don’t have to stress yourself. The fun part is that I can use flavored yoghurt for my cakes. My favorite flavors are peach, vanilla, and chocolate. Every time I make those cake my house smells delicious…. I decided to make a powerful combination: Peach and Chocolate foe this recipe. Oh my, Oh my….I don’t have the perfect words for it. You should try the recipe and taste it (tag me also). If I ever get my restaurant, Yoghurt cake will always be on the menu.
For this recipe, I chose to have 1 pot of sugar instead of 2 for the regular recipe. The peach is already a bit sweet and with the regular dosage, it will be too much.
Peach-Choco Yoghurt Cake
- Cake Pan
- 1 Peach Yoghurt pot
- 1 pot of Oil Yoghurt pot is the unit of measure
- 1 pot of sugar
- 3 pots of flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 peach
- Butter and extra flour for the pan coating
- Preheat the oven at 350 F
- Into a bowl mix yoghurt, oil and sugar.
- Add 3 eggs and mix.
- Add the sieved flour into the mix.
- Add the baking powder.
- Diced the peach and put 3/4 in the batter.
- Put 1/3 of the batter in another bowl and mix it with the cocoa powder.
- Put the butter in a cake pan, add flour and shake it so it will cover all areas where the butter is.
- Remove excess.
- Pour the main cake batter in layers and add the chocolate batter in between.
- Put the rest of the peach on top.
- Bake the cake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- To make sure your cake is ready insert a knife in the middle, it should come out clean.