When I told my sister that I was putting up a recipe for pancakes, she asked me “with which flavor?”. I told her that I wanted to put the old and simple fashioned recipe. She was surprised and asked me why. She even started to tell me some flavors that I could try. I told her that there are so many recipes out there with so many flavors that sometimes all we need is the original. I love the original recipe tasting like real butter and really fluffy. I have been using this recipe at least twice a week for breakfast or even late night snack. I love pancakes and I eat it with the maple syrup I got from by best friend in Canada, the combo is amazing. Whenever you go to the store try to get maple syrup from Canada. It is less sticky and the texture is way better. This recipe is good for 6 large fluffy pancakes. In less than 15 minutes it is ready!
Old Fashioned Pancakes
- 3/4 cup flour all purpose
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 pinches salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- In a bowl mix flour, salt, baking powder, sugar
- Form a well and add egg, milk and melted butter in the middle, and mix until the batter is smooth
- Brush heated (medium heat) pan with some butter, and pour batter with a ladle.
- Cook each side for approximately 30 seconds until brown.