My first time to cook a kofta kebab ever. I cooked it and was posting updates immediately on my social media. I was a bit scared that the kebab would not hold on the skewers. I put some music on, and Yohan and I were dancing and acting like fools in the kitchen.The result was amazing and it even reminded me of my trip to Bahrain. Let me tell you that Bahrain is a lovely place despite the heat. While there I went on a cultural tour, and I had kebab, with rice and pita bread. I tried to recreate with the ingredients I had on hand. I totally recreate the white sauce because I did not even know what some ingredients meant. I tried to recreate based on my palate and souvenirs and it worked. I will show you my little trick.
For the green marinade
- 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/4 lbs ground lamb
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 tomato
- 1 bunch of parsley small
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cup cooked rice
- Pita bread
- Skewers, charcoal grill
- 2 tbsp sour cream (sauce start)
- Green marinade
- 1 tomato pureed
- 1/2 onion pureed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper (sauce end)
- First put on some good music (haha).
- If using wooden skewers soak them in water for 30 minutes, so they won't burn.
- If you found ground lamb great otherwise cut it in pieces and ground it.
- Add paprika, salt, pepper, most of parsley, garlic, onion, ground beef.
- Mix it in the food processor.
- Take a portion of the meat mixture that can fit into your hand and mold it along the skewer.
- Make sure that the skewer is not too big or it will not hold in place.
- When finished pour half of the lemon juice over skewer, and put some olive oil.
- Put it on the grill for 30 minutes (you can pan fry it also).
- Warm the pita bread on the grill.
- Cut the tomato, other half of onion, cucumber, rest of parsley, lemon juice and a pinch of salt
- For the white sauce I used sour cream, lemon juice.
- For the red sauce I put pureed tomato and onion on the stove for 5 minutes with salt, pepper and 2 tbsp of water