Cupcakes, those sweet little American cakes baked into a paper mold and covered with an icing. My family loves them or I should say, my son and his dad. If I do not eat the same day, I am left out with crumbs. I love to put sprinkles on my son’s cupcake and he will always sing “Happy birthday”. I should rename the sweet part of my blog “Daddy and son’s delicacies cooked by Mommy”, and for the description ” Mommy will eat some maybe”. Let’s get back to our cupcakes, I always wanted to make cupcakes with the hibiscus flavor and, all the recipes I found used gelatin for the Hibiscus Jam. I tried as much as I can to avoid chemical product, so I told myself why not use my Hibiscus jam. Bingo and delicious! Then I made double hibiscus cupcake , by mixing hibiscus powder to the dough and the hibiscus jam in the middle. An homemade delicacy to try.
- 8 oz butter room temperature
- 8 oz sugar
- 3 eggs
- 12 oz flour
- 4 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- Hibiscus jam
- 1 tbsp hibiscus powder
- Cupcake pan
- 8 oz butter room temperature for Icing
- 7.5 confectioners sugar for icing
- 2 tbsp milk for icing
- Vanilla drops optional (Icing)
- Preheat the oven at 350 Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl mix the butter and sugar
- Add eggs one by one while mixing
- Into another bowl, mix flour, corn starch and add them progressively to the mixture while turning
- Add milk
- Divide the dough into half
- Mix hibiscus powder into 2 tbsp of water and mix it with half of the dough
- Put the cupcake paper into the pan
- Fill each hole at 3/4 and bake them for 20 mins until they are golden brown.
- Remove them and let them cool down completely.
- For the icing mix the butter for the icing with the confectioners sugar until smooth.
- Add 2 tbsp of milk, vanilla drops and mix for 3 minutes.
- Fill up pastry bags with mixture. If you do not have one, simply use a refrigeration bag and put the icing into one corner and cut the tip.
- Cut the center oh the cupcakes and fill then with the Hibiscus Jam.
- Put the icing on top.
Subscribe to our newsletter!