A spooky, yet tasty recipe to scare your guest and family. I brought up a little touch of Africanism in the recipe. I used tigernuts also known as yellow nutsedge, earth almonds or “Cyperus esculentus”. Tigernuts are about the size of a chickpeas. They may improve digestion because they are high in soluble fibers. They may also reduce blood sugar level and you will find out that they are naturally sweet. Some claim that it may act as an aphrodisiac and increase the libido. Well for those who have experienced this aspect, please leave us a comment or send us a message if you want. We would like to have your input. Tiger nuts milk is a good dairy free milk.
This eyeball recipe is a mocktail that can be easily transformed into a cocktail by simply adding a shot or two of alcohol. In my Cantaloupe-Pineapple recipe, I explained in details what a mocktail is. To make the eyeballs, I simply inserted blueberries into the lychee. This recipe is easy to make and kids will like it too. It will good to make the recipe with them so they do not get scared. You may soak them overnight before the recipe if you find the nuts too dry.
Halloween Eyeball Mocktail
- 7 oz tigernut
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup lychee syrup
- 4 lychee
- 4 blueberries
- Soak the tigernuts for 10 mins or more if you find them too dry and rinse.
- Grind them with 1 cup of water in a blender.
- Sift the mixture to obtain the milk.
- Mix the milk with 1/2 cup of lychee syrup.
- Add ice
- Insert one blueberry in one lychee and repeat the step for the remaining to make the eyeballs
- Put the eyeballs on the skewers.
- Serve your mocktails and put the eyeballs on top.