A fruit Pizza? No worries it is not the traditional pizza dough that we will be using in this recipe but rather a giant cookie. I initially found the recipe in June for my nephew first birthday. Initially I wanted to to slice a watermelon and put the other fruits on top of it but they would not stick properly on it for the kids. I decided to do some research and found this recipe on “Pinch of Yum”. I redid the dosage and lowered the sugar and the ingredients for the frosting or it would have been too much for the kids.
The first time I used the recipe I used not all fruits listed here. I had raspberries too, but as I always preach, use the fruits you like. they might differ from what I use. Me for sure I will ALWAYS put mango on anything that involves fruits, the rest is optional. Maybe one day I will do a mango pizza #GOAL. I put the blueberries because one of my family members loves it. You can arrange your fruits however you like. you can do one fruit only on one quarter of the pizza. That might be awesome.
I already imagine people thinking: “What if I do not have a pizza pan?”. Not a problem at all. You can do mini pizza by rolling the dough flat with a smooth bottle (glass preferably) and cutting mini pizza out with the rim of a drinking glass and bake them.
Hope you will enjoy the fruit pizza as mush as I did. It is perfect for all occasions and nice to be be brought over for friends parties.
- 12 inches pizza pan
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter softened 8 tbsp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 8 oz cream cheese frosting
- 5 tbsp butter softened frosting
- 2 cups powdered sugar frosting
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 7 strawberries
- 2 kiwis
- 1 mango
- 2 tangerine
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- In a bowl mix butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla, egg and mix well.
- Add baking powder, baking soda and flour.
- Mix until the dough is smooth.
- Let it rest 30 minutes in the refrigerator. it will help for the next step
- When removing the dough from the refrigerator it should not be too sticky. If it is add more flour.
- Transfer the dough in the pizza pan.
- Put a parchment paper on top of it and start spreading with a rolling pin (or a smooth bottle).
- Remove excess of dough.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes at 375 F.
- Cut your fruits in the shapes you prefer.
- Mix the cream cheese, butter, vanilla, powdered sugar until the frosting is smooth.
- Spread it on the giant cookie.
- Place your fruits on your cookie starting with the strawberries.
- For extra flavor, you can add some lime zest on top.
- Bon appétit!