Hello my foodies!
A chicken recipe again! I am trying to cut on the poultry but thee are some recipes that I cannot let go. This is a recipe that takes me back to my father’s house. We used to eat it on Sundays after mass with fresh homemade French fries, Alloco (Fried Plantain) or Yams.
Today I want to share the recipe with you, with yams as the side dish. I used again my Speed’Loco products for this recipe. What I like about the Speed’Loco is that their yams are well chosen already cut and precooked. It’s a win for me. I do not like when I go to the market and end up getting a yam that is black inside and not good. Who would like to loose money? Nobody.
For this recipe, the chicken is well seasoned and deep fried into oil. If you have been following my recipe, you will know that I am big on mixing flavors and less on salt. I try not to impose a dosage for salt. That i why on my recipe I just put “salt” with no measures. After it is fried, the chicken is sautéed in vegetables and mustard to bring up the flavors. Sounds good and with some crispy yams on the side….hummmm…Bon appétit!!
Fried Chicken Yam
- 1/2 chicken 4 pieces
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 onions
- 1 tomato
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 small bunch of parsley
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 cup Water
- Rinse the chicken, pat dry and make cuts in the chicken
- Mix the seasoning powders and season the chicken.
- Deep fry the chicken for 10 minutes.
- Cut the vegetables and sauteed them in 4 tbsp of butter.
- Add the mustard, salt, pepper, the chicken and the water
- Cook for 10 minutes at low heat.
- Fry your Speed'Loco Yam according to the pack.
- Serve and Enjoy!