This is literally survival recipe fried fish pie. The normal recipe will use fresh fish (mackerel or grouper), fresh made tomato sauce and spices. If you want to switch the Tuna for fresh fish and fresh tomato sauce, you can and it will be way better. For emergency grocery shopping I bought a lot of tuna cans and tomato sauce. I decided to use 1 can of tuna and a bit of the tomato sauce in cans. The hardest part is making the dough, after that you can choose and mix your own filling. It can be red meat or vegetables and you can flavor your filling however you want it. You can even use curry. Well let’s get cooking.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 oz milk
- 2 oz water
- 3 tbsp oil or melted butter
- 1 tbsp dry yeast
- 1 can of tuna (5oz) filling
- 2 tbsp` tomato sauce filling
- optional spices filling
- Mix flour, yeast and salt.
- Make a well and add eggs, milk, water and butter.
- Knead the dough for about 10 mins. If it is too sticky add more flour.
- Make a ball and let it rest while preparing the filling
- Into a pan put tuna, tomato sauce and spices.
- Cook until all the water from the tuna is gone.
- With a rolling pin, flatten the dough.
- Use a drinking glass to cut circles out of the dough.
- Put about 1/2 teaspoon of filling in the middle of the circles.
- Close the circles so you will get half circles and use a fork to seal the ends.
- Fry into heated oil until golden brown.