For it Wednesday and I am proud to share not 1 but 2 little recipes for a full meal. A delicious coconut rice and shrimp skewers. Did you know that rice is the first eaten cereal in the world and provides 20% of the body energy requirements? Rice helps with the consumption of saturated fat et provides a better absorption of nutrients. Another key precision is that the more firm the rice is, the longer it is for your organism to digest it.
Coconut rice is a popular dish in South East Asia, South America, Caribbean and East Africa.. In Indonesia, the coconut rice is cooked with ginger, fenugrec seeds et lemongrass leaves. I decided to make it simple with Coconut Milk. For 1 bowl of uncooked rice you will need twice the bowl in liquid to cook it. Therefore I decided not to use metric unit for the rice.
Coconut Milk Rice and Shrimp skewers
- 1 bowl rice washed
- 1 1/2 bowl coconut milk
- 1/2 bowl water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 20 shrimps
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp garlic powder or fresh
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Put coconut milk, water, salt, oil in a saucepan and bring it to boil on medium heat.
- Put rice in saucepan and mix
- After few minutes, reduce the heat when all visible liquid are gone.
- Stir and let it cook for 15 minutes at low heat. Your rice should be soft and sticky.
- Now time to cook the shrimp.
- Mix the shrimps with all the seasonings.
- Put the shrimps on the skewers et fry for 4 minutes on each side into a pan with the olive oil.