Want to know the secret for soft beef skewers? Well the key ingredient is Vinegar. The acidity in Vinegar makes the fibers into the beef tender and they become not hard to chew on. Chewing meat is stressful for me. Imagine thinking about each bite and your jaws. hahaha. Vinegar is a good saver in that case. The vinegar soften the meat and the oil in the marinade will fix the flavor. You can even add a bit of vinegar on your steaks too. If you do not have vinegar, no worries you can replace it with lime juice which, we all know is very acidic.
Theses skewers can be fried on a pan or grilled on a barbecue, but I usually fry them to save time.
My touch is to add as many layers of marinade while grilling. I keep adding so that it will well incorporate the meat well.
- Skillet or non sticky pan.
- Wooden skewers.
- 1 lbs beef
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 4 parsley sprigs
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp vinegar or lime juice
- 1 tbsp oil (olive oil preferably)
- 1 tsp mustard of Dijon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 beef cube optional
- Soak the skewers into water.
- Put all ingredients except the beef in the blender and blend.
- Cut the beef into big cubes.
- Pour most of the marinade on the beef and mix.
- Let it marinade for 15 minutes at least.
- Put the meat on the skewers.
- Grease the pan or skillet and start frying the meat mon medium - high heat.
- Keep adding the marinade with a brush.
- It should take 4 minutes to fry on each side.
I would love to know what you think of this recipe. Leave me a nice comment and whenever you try this recipe do not forget to tag me.